Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Buying books online

Sometimes you cannot find the books you need in your local bookstore, so what do you do? You do a world wide web search. Go local first such as ACMAMALL, MPH, KINOKUNIYA. Then compare with other online bookshops before you make your purchase.

Sometimes I am spoiled for choice but only have so little cash, what do I do? I would have a peek inside the books to make my decision with the help of Amazon's "Look Inside" feature and through Google Books. If the book is easy to read and understand and its contents meet my requirements, that's the book I'd choose. Which company I buy it from depends on the shipping rates. Amazon and Alibris are great but shipping is expensive especially to Malaysia. Book Depository has FREE shipping and the prices are also reasonable.

You can also check out noqstore which is a little closer to home. Be warned, shipping can be a bit costly as well. Selection is great though.

If you aren't looking for academic books, booksgalore is my favorite; plus you can give her titles you are looking for. You can opt to buy new or pre-owned.

So, start your book search now and good luck!

No comments: