Monday, March 19, 2012

Guys don't want things they can easily get

Well then I am smokin' hot! Coz "Guys want things they CAN'T get!"

I know this doesn't make any sense, and it's funny that I'm this cryptic after such a long time not blogging. But beginning to blog again is my new un-new year's resolution. Sounds reminiscent of Alice in the Wonderland and you don't get it? Lemme rephrase that to "first quarter of the year new resolution". :)

I realise my writing is getting rusty and it didn't use to be when I was blogging. Words are coming harder now; so, it takes longer to write. So my plan is to write an hour of non academic writing a day and an hour of academic writing a day. Hopefully that improves both writing genres.

So what's my free advice? In a way, there are two. The most obvious one is that writing needs practice and I am attempting to get back into the habit of writing.

Number 2 is that sometimes guys take things for granted and when I say things, I mean us wives, girlfriends, life partners. It could happen the other way round also but to get back to what I was saying. We CANNOT BE TOO NICE to our idiotic other half. Give in all the time or give them what they like. It's too easy and they like a challenge.

I know a lady who took such good care of her husband right down to ironing his socks and breakfast in bed. Maybe I am exaggerating with the socks but what did the man do? Did he stay true? No, he sought challenges outside. What did she do? She questioned 'why me?' coz she was the perfect wife.

...and there I was, snuggling up to my husband and he pushes me away. I gasped in surprise. The gall! You don't push me away once coz I don't go for seconds. I turned away and I called him a "Wife rejector! and to keep it simple, i gave him a taste of rejection. But the rule is never to go to bed angry, so we made up (not so immediately coz we have to make them beg) and men say it's the women who like to pick fights but look who started it.

Anyway, somehow, the next day we were talking about stuff and the issue of him being a wife rejector came up. The reason? Well, apparently, guys don't want what they can easily get. Is that so? I asked. In that case, many guys would want me coz I am hot and I'm married. Guys WANT what they CAN'T GET, right?

I've seen 2 colleagues leaving their spouses to marry each other. Guys want what they can't get! That could happen for me as well. The only reason I am not hooking up or considering it is coz I love my husband. So if my husband want to destroy that love, I don't mind finding some one else who'd appreciate me and not take me for granted.

So seriously, "Please be nice but don't be TOO nice!"

No comments: